- Massachusetts Senate Campaign Could Inspire a More Digital GOP. Clickz’s Kate Kaye takes a comprehensive look at Brown’s grassroots organizing and his last-minute online advertising push (check out the quote from e.politics — thanks Kate!).
- Is Scott Brown Closing the GOP Technology Gap? ABC’s The Note weighs in on the same topic.
- Internet Politics From Both Sides Now. “But win or lose, [Brown has] demonstrated there’s no necessary connection between online organizing and liberal politics. The Web is just like every pre-Internet political arena: ideology matters less than the level of anger at the incumbent party, and the level of enthusiasm an insurgent candidate can generate.”
- In Massachusetts, a final push in Senate special election. Crucial quote: “The question is how many of Brown’s Facebook friends and Twitter followers live in Massachusetts.”
- Massachusetts Senate Candidates Push to Finish Line. Not online-specific, but a great look at the level of outside groups’ involvement in the race, with budget numbers.
Hell of a day for political junkies…