If you’re a whiz at constructing advocacy or fundraising email campaigns, the Obama campaign would like to chat — you’d better be willing to relocate to Chicago for a few months, though.
Responsibilities will include planning and executing email campaigns
to support our 50-state organizing strategy and coordinating messaging
for more than 20 separate constituency groups.
Description and contact info below.
Experienced writer/producers to work with email outreach team on
planning and writing effective email campaigns, identifying and
cutting recipient lists, construction of html emails and landing
pages, editing and quality assurance, and data analysis and reporting.
* Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
* Degree in Journalism, English, Political Science, or related field
* Minimum of one year of professional writing experience, preferably
for a progressive elected official or non-profit organization
* Experience constructing HTML emails and using mass email software
(e.g. Blue State Digital, Convio, GetActive)
* Functional knowledge of HTML
* Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects
Preference given for experience with:
* Complex project management
* Supervision of junior and mid-level staff
* Email or speechwriting for political campaign or office
* Email list segmentation and mass mail platforms
* Graphic design and page layout
* Statistical analysis and reporting
* Online marketing and fundraising
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.