Beth Becker’s latest “Political Social Grab Bag” e-newsletter came out a few days ago and we have it here for your enjoyment. An Epolitics.com online exclusive! Sign up now to get the next Political Social Grab Bag delivered straight to your inbox. And, follow Beth on Twitter — she’ll make it worth your while…
What’s new to think about?
It’s really hard to believe that we’re now in the last quarter of 2017…where did this year go? This leaves me with one main thought: 2018 training schedule! I’ll be sitting down over the next few weeks mapping out my 2018 calendar…watch this space for info but I’ll give you a sneak peek: More training Australia…2 more Digital Organizing Bootcamps…more Train the Trainers and some new training partnerships!
Want us to come visit your city and do some training next year? Hit that reply button and let’s chat!
Training & Webinar alert:
- There are just a few seats left for our first ever Social Media Deep Dive in NYC 10/16-18.
- My last public training of 2017 will be the Introduction to Digital Organizing Oct. 24 & 25 in Minneapolis
- To be sure you don’t miss out be sure you are watching our Facebook Page or sign up for the Training Alerts Emails.
What I’m reading:
- Beat Readers’ FOMO Attention Spans With These 5 Expert Tips– Some good things to help us think about capturing and then keeping our audiences’ attention
- The Sciene Behind Sharable Video– Key sentence: “Cats rule the internet instead of dogs” 😉
- Five Current Trends In Social Media That Will Only Get Bigger– Not many surprises but a good reminder about trends we should be keeping an eye on – and another take on upcoming trends:
- Where Is Social Media Headed in 2018 and Beyond?
- To Fix Its Toxic Ad Problem, Facebook Must Break Itself– There’s been plenty written about the removal of some targeting dimensions due to some advertisers using some categories to target hate speech and I couldn’t possibly include all of them here but I really liked this higher level writing about some of the larger issues and how Facebook could potentially address such problems going forward
- New audience targeting option in ads: Engagement based
- The jury’s still out on the merger of Ads Manager and Power Editor but no more Power Editor can’t be all bad right?
- 3 new things in Facebook ads but of most value imho is the split testing now available
- In case you missed the big news of the week…Twitter is testing 280 characters– I’d rather see any of these instead..how bout you?
- The algorithm continues to evolve ….I still wish it would evolve right out of existence
Winning the Internet
Hands down the winner this month….DC Public Schools (h/t Hillary Tone)
Don’t try this at home
In case you missed this…the courts have started to weigh in on elected officials blocking constituents on social media.