Beth Becker’s latest “Political Social Grab Bag” e-newsletter came out a few days ago and we have it here for your enjoyment. An Epolitics.com online exclusive! Sign up now to get the next Political Social Grab Bag delivered straight to your inbox. And, follow Beth on Twitter — it’s worth it.
- Social Media for Executive Directors and Managers– People have been asking for us to do this one for a while, so we’re finally doing it- please note the new date: Thurs 9/13 at 3pm eastern/Noon pacific
What I’m Reading
- Jack Dorsey On Deleting Tweets, Banning Trump, And Whether An Unbiased Twitter Can Exist Dorsey gave a pretty in-depth interview to Buzzfeed News- you’ll want to read this one. You’ll want to read this one as well
- This is what filter bubbles actually look like: Interesting visual representation that shows what the social bubbles look like and demonstrates why they are so hard to break through
- How Nasa is reshaping video, influencers and taking on the world– NASA has long been really good on social media (remember @MarsCuriosity? – here’s a good look at what they do
- PEAK SOCIAL? The major social platforms are showing a significant slowdown in users– Have we reached peak social?
- Read this carefully: New admin authorization for page admins– separate from ad verification- meaning even if you are verified for ads you still need to do this for being an actual admin (tho if you are verified for ads the process is a matter of 2 clicks)
- Big updates to video ad metrics
- Join me in doing the happy dance that one of the worst practices people ever did on social media is no longer possible: FB API change- no more cross posting from Twitter to Facebook
- New group functionalities: Pinning comments on posts and Pixels on Groups
- Now in testing: links in Facebook Stories
- New on Instagram: Verification of Profiles
- Breaking Update: Twitter’s ads verification being implemented for not just candidates with enforcement beginning September 30
Winning the Internet
Leave a reply