“The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that man may become robots.”
– Erich Fromm
Danger? Or opportunity….
With that in mind, I offer you my look at the next ten years of digital politics and advocacy, now live on the Campaigns & Elections site. A quick preview:
- The rise of a global, mobile, interconnected activist generation? I think we’re seeing it.
- Social media? Sure! But will they live up to their responsibilities before we make them?
- A worldwide crusade against corruption? Maybe. Climate? Quite likely.
- Media targeting creating an individual information bubble for each of us alone? Getting there fast.
- AI/VR/AR? Yes/maybe/maybe.
- Direct neural connection to the hive-mind? Sign me up!
All this and more awaits your mind, so head on over and give the piece a read. And of course, don’t forget the first part of this two-article series, which looked back back at the decade when digital politics came of age. Enjoy!