Beth Becker’s latest “Political Social Grab Bag” e-newsletter is out, and you should check out the whole April issue archived right here, an Epolitics.com online exclusive. Sign up now to get the next Political Social Grab Bag delivered straight to your inbox.
Besides the tool updates excerpted below, the full version includes essential reading, a look at upcoming webinars, the ever-popular “don’t try this at home” section, who’s winning the internet, and more. Take it away, Beth:
Political Social Media Grab Bag: June, 2016
As social media practitioners, one of our biggest challenges is keeping up with changes to the platforms we all use. I’ll try to provide info on the bigger updates to help you keep pace.
Facebook & Instagram
- Not at all surprising – here comes Facebook TV (til they give us the official name of course) and Live is already getting some new features like in screen real time reactions and continuous streaming
- How close is Facebook Radio?
- You may have noticed the flower reaction on Mothers Day…more of those to come – can sponsored reactions be far behind?
- Instant Articles are now available to everyone – here’s a good primer on how to use them for maximum impact and some info on results thus far
- Power Editor is getting some new features meanwhile Custom Audiences get more targeting dimensions of interest
- 2 new ways to deliver video ads to Audience Networks
- 360 photos!!!!
- YUGE changes at Twitter …RIP 140 characters
- Periscope starts letting you save videos
- Beta testing ads in tweets in 3rd party tools…ie on Hootsuite or Buffer
- More competition for YouTube in the form of Amazon Direct
- Meet Unplugged and YouTube gets in on the social messaging fun, getting a long overdue redesign
But wait, there’s more! That was just a taste — continue on to the full June edition. Thanks, Beth!