- Media Turning to Blogs for Election Night Reaction. CNN will host an election-night blogger party let’s hope they provide a nice snack tray.
- Voters Beware: Internet Gives Free Rein To Jabs. Wikipedia wars! Rude comments galore! Nice quotes from friends-of-e.politics Rob Arena and Julie Barko Germany.
- New Platial Mapkit Makes It Easy to Publish Maps on Web Sites and Blogs. Online mapping of political data has great potential as a persuasive tool, and this is the kind of application that’s going to make it happen.
- Candidates Try to Entice Voters with Blogs, Web Sites. A look at the ‘net’s use in local and regional races in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- A New Bargain: YouTube Politics. Allison Fine argues in a San Francisco Chronicle op-ed that new media create a way around expensive political advertising and the donations that fund it, fundamentally opening the political process. Hmmm, the cynic in me will believe it when I see it money ALWAYS finds a way in.