August 27th, 2006
- Nicco Mele Taking a Leave of Absence from EchoDitto. His support for John McCain seems to have raised concerns about the firm’s commitment to progressive causes and clients. He’s a damn sharp (and genuinely nice) guy, and that has to be a painful loss to the company.
- Online Consultants Turn Down Lieberman. Fate, why must you be so cruel: his campaign is apparently having trouble finding a firm to take over after this month’s election-eve site crash.
- Weekly Standard Skeptical Of Liberal Blogosphere (There’s a shocker). Uses weak initial Snakes on a Plane ticket sales despite internet buzz as a metaphor. Apparently, sick of hype about these muthaf*ckin’ blogs on these muthf*ckin’ internets. Via CBS News.
- Politicos To Boost Web Spending In ’08, but Jennifer Laycock at Search Engine Guide is skeptical about whether political consultants really understand the value of search and viral marketing, since they seem to be stressing tactics that reinforce the faithful rather than find the unconverted.
- Good Site for Podcasting Tips, via Micropersuasion.