See below for today’s non-presidential Quick Hits.
- Late addition! RNC snags Yahoo! exec for Web operation. Philip de Vellis has an analysis at techPresident.
- Christmas With the Romneys: The irresistible creepiness of Mitt’s new home video. A little family time with the Stepford candidate.
- Political Sites Drawing More Eyeballs. Presidential sites getting more popular, as are some advocacy sites. Hey NYT a link to the original article would have been nice.
- Unity ’08 Has a New CEO. Not Bloomberg not yet, anyway.
- Edwards Kicks Off ‘Eventful’ Month. Oo! Oo! Pick me! Pick me!
- Web: New Weapon in Politics Arsenal. Solid overview article.
- How Online Issue Campaigns Can Leverage the Presidential Elections. Elections sucking all the air out of the room? Dr. Rosenblatt has a prescription.
- Mike Gravel Meets YouTube. When a political campaign becomes an art project.
- Candidates’ Message Driven Sites. Campaigns launching more issue-specific/standalone sites.
- Long Race Forces Ad Ingenuity. The WSJ looks at campaigns’ ad strategies, via Henry Copeland. Eric Frenchman offers commentary.
- Obama launches text-messaging operation. No word on whether the campaign will offer an ObamaGirl ringtone.
- The Theory of the YouTube Class: ObamaGirl and the Web2.0 Aesthetic. Jason Z wins for “Article Title Most Resembling a Master’s Thesis.”
links for 2007-06-20…
MoveOn.org Democracy in Action (tags: rarefactions activism democracy law politics progressive liberal) National Taxpayers Union & National Taxpayers Union Foundation (tags: rarefactions activism taxes tax libertarian reference) Care2 The global netwo…
They’re probably promoting presidentials elections on myspace also.