Based on a series of articles published on Epolitics.com in the spring and summer of 2009, the 49-page Learning from Obama provides a comprehensive overview of Barack Obama’s online campaign for President of the United States. With individual chapters investigating crucial aspects of his online communications juggernaut in depth, the e-book covers strategy, campaign structure and technology, online outreach and recruiting, field organizing, voter/volunteer moblization and of course online fundraising.
Learning from Obama cuts through the hype and places the individual online tools used by the Obama campaign and its supporters in context, including internet video, social networking outreach, online advertising and the MyBarackObama.com activist toolkit. With a final chapter that looks toward the future of internet politics, Learning from Obama serves as both a history lesson and as a guide for future online activists and other online communicators.
Download the E-book
- Update: now available in the Amazon Store for Kindle
- Learning from Obama: Lessons for Online Communicators in 2009 and Beyond [PDF]
Browse by Chapter:
- Learning from Obama: Lessons for Online Communicators in 2009 and Beyond
- Learning from Obama’s Campaign Structure: How to Organize for Success
- Learning from Obama’s Online Outreach: How to Find and Build Support on the Internet
- Learning from Obama’s Volunteer Army: How to Put People to Work on Your Behalf
- Learning from Obama’s Financial Steamroller: How to Raise Money Online
- Learning from Obama: How to Move Forward
- Learning from the Obama Campaign: Essential Reading
For More Information
Contact Learning from Obama author Colin Delany.