March 2nd, 2007
- YouTube creates channel for candidates’ video. It’s just a catch-all for existing pieces, but it does make comparisons easy. And it’s gotten lots of online attention.
- John McCain on YouTube and CHBN.com. Video commentary by BlogTheCampaign08.
- Feith Takes to the Web. Neo-con counterattack — ANY embattled public figure can rebut critics online. Imagine a current-day Monica Lewinski blogging in her own defense…
- Five Technologies that Will Impact the 2008 Elections. But where are the giant fighting robots?
- Google Embeds Widgets Inside Ads. New opportunities for interactive advertising?
- More video interviews with online experts from IPDI. Politics Onlineis only a couple of weeks away…
- The Blogger Who Wouldn’t Work For Edwards. The mini-scandal that just won’t die.
- Edwards’ Second Life HQ Vandalized. His troubles multiply, but no word of the fate of the sex shop nearby.
- New site aggregates candidate blog posts. “A plethora of presidential propaganda, piped promptly and publicly” — nice alliteration. Via TechPresident.
- A Note To Presidential Hopefuls. “The biggest problem I see with most of the candidate sites so far is an inability to see how their online campaign will contribute to their victory.” That would seem to be a bit of an issue.
- Overcoming Outlook 2007. Tips from a Microsoft guy — don’t let your messages get scrambled by a switched rendering engine. (“Rendering engine” — another good phrase.)
- Managing Crises (or Just Really Messed Up Situations). What to do When Internets Attack.
- Can You Really Make A Viral Campaign?.
- Zombie European Politicians Feast On Human Brains. Wonkette said it, not me.
- Watch a Volcano Erupt from 500 Million Miles Away. This is about as nerd-cool as it gets, but I have to wait 8 YEARS for pictures from Pluto??? Better start drinking now.