The Definitive Guide to Digital Politics, 2020 Edition. Includes a New Chapter on Campaigning During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Revised in June 2020 to reflect the latest tools, technologies, tactics and other developments in the field of internet politics. Besides new sections on campaigning in a pandemic, this edition includes lessons from the U.S. presidential campaigns, from the 2018 election cycle, from America’s racial-justice protests and much more. It’s by far the most comprehensive guide to using the internet for politics and advocacy available today. More about the book, including a list of chapters.
Buy the PDF Version
- You can pay with PayPal or credit card (credit cards processed via PayPal, which you can use without a PayPal account via the “GUEST” option)
- You’ll be able to download the book immediately
- If you buy the book once, you’ll be able to download subsequent editions without charge (you’ll receive a discount code via email each time a new edition is ready)
Please order through the form below:
- Minimum payment is $5 USD for a single copy/single user.
- If you have a discount code, you’ll be prompted to enter it during the ordering process
Thank you! If you have questions, or you absolutely cannot afford $5 USD, please contact Colin Delany.
More About “How to Use the Internet to Win Change the World – and Win Elections”
“How to Use the Internet to Win Change the World – and Win Elections” is a comprehensive guide to effective online political campaigning and advocacy. This new 2020 edition is expanded, rewritten and reorganized to highlight the latest developments in the tools and tactics of online politics.
The 2020 edition is updated to reflect the latest developments in social media, digital advertising, mobile technology, online fundraising, campaign data and more.
Incorporating important lessons from the recent elections in the U.S. and around the world, this book is essential for anyone running for office or trying to influence public opinion and public policy in 2020. It’s also extremely useful for individual activists, nonprofit political advocates, academic researchers, students and journalists. It’s the most comprehensive guide to digital campaigning available and a must-read for anyone interested in understanding how modern politics is done.
- The Internet: What’s It Good For?
- Big Digital Politics Trends to Watch in 2018 and Beyond
- Campaigning in a Pandemic
- Planning Your Online Campaign
- Essential Tools and Infrastructure: Creating a Basic Online Campaign
- Preparing an Outreach Outreach Strategy
- Online Advertising
- Social Media
- Grassroots and Field Organizing
- Mobilization and GOTV
- Online Fundraising
- Data and Analytics
- Logistics, Budget and Staffing
- A Sample Online Campaign Plan
About the Author
“How to Use the Internet to Change the World — and Win Elections” is written by Colin Delany, a twenty-four-year veteran of internet politics and advocacy, a sought-after consultant and speaker, the founder of Epolitics.com and a columnist for “Campaigns & Elections”. As a consultant, he has worked with scores of nonprofit groups, candidates and companies to help them achieve their advocacy, electoral and communications goals using digital tools. This e-book reflects his own years of experience as well as lessons learned from campaigns and advocacy organizations across the political spectrum.
Delany’s previous e-books, “Learning from Obama” — the definitive guide to Barack Obama’s 2008 online campaign — and “Online Politics 101” have together been downloaded thousands of times from Epolitics.com. The site itself was named “Best Blog – National Politics” at the 2007 Politics Online Conference and received a “Victory Award” as “Blog of the Year (non-Spanish-language)” at the 2012 Poli Conference. Besides being honored as one of the “Ten Who Are Changing the World of Internet Politics” at the 2010 World E-Gov Forum in Paris, Delany has spoken at venues ranging from Harvard University and the London School of Economics to the South By Southwest Interactive conference.