With a certain ebook out of the way, let’s revive the fine tradition of Epolitics.com Quick Hits. “Back from the dead on Easter” jokes are up to you.
- Hope 2.0: Inside Obama’s Campaign, and Obama 2012: Built to Broadcast.
- Obama has aggressive Internet strategy to woo supporters. Some details on ad targeting, and note that friend-of-e.epolitics Tim Lim gets a quote. C.f. Obama Camp On Pace to Spend $35 Million on Web Ads.
- The Obama Campaign Tries Out a New Cellular (Fundraising) Weapon.
- The Obama Campaign Online, Easter Edition. Spring is a lovely time to start bashing Mitt Romney. C.f. Obama to Romney via Twitter: Release more tax returns.
- RNC Makes Big Turnaround on Fund-Raising. Note: they’re revamping the Voter Vault and rebuilding a grassroots capacity.
- Republicans will need it: Romney’s Pop-Up Campaign Team. Repup frontrunner not leaving much of a grassroots apparatus behind in primary states.
- Video: A Talk With Newt Gingrich’s Digital Consultant.
- Matt Ortega: the man behind (not-so-flattering) Mitt Romney memes.
- Big Data From Democratic Party Spawns Web Ad Targeting Firm.
- An online revolution – How new digital technologies will change the Canadian political landscape.
- China shuts down Web sites in move to silence “new left” (socialists apparently not wanted in the socialist state). C.f. Online coup rumors spark China crackdown on social media websites.
- Greenpeace Experiments With Technology Team Structure.
- How to Get Results from Your Virtual Town Hall.
- Twitter Ties and the Implications for Grassroots Professionals.
- Pinterest growth statistics.
- The hollow emptiness in social media numbers – most accounts are fake or empty. Ouch.
- The worst social media screw-ups of 2011.
- Donna Lichtenegger, Missouri Legislator, Posts ‘California To Texas’ Translation Guide On Facebook. Note: just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should.
- White Supremacist Hacks Trayvon Martin’s Email Account, Leaks Messages Online. Classy.
- Optimizing Email for Mobile Phones: Notes from NTC 2012.
- Does stock photography help or hurt?.
- Buzz in the Blogosphere: Millions More Bloggers and Blog Readers.
- Kevin Allocca: Why videos go viral.
IfWhen Facebook Runs Your Television Advertising.
- Smaller Audiences on Facebook Create More Buzz.
- The Social Harvest — How Nonprofits Are Finding Value On Twitter And Facebook [INFOGRAPHIC].
- And finally: Woman Picking Fruit in Stock Photo Endorses Al Franken. Best. Fundraising. Email. Ever. Hands down.