- Update: The Next President’s First Text Message.
- Update: The Basics of Voter Suppression Tactics, via Shaun Dakin.
- Update: NYC, LA Press Using Twitter Vote Report to Zoom Local.
- Update: Election Night Gadgetry & Gizmos.
- Update: Robocalls still flying.
- Update: Freshly Squeezed Election Tweets — “a data visualization tool for election-related Twitter conversation — a standalone website, but you can also embed a smaller version in your own posts.” Sent in by William Beutler.
- Update: Bogus Robo-Texts Tell Obama Supporters They Can Vote Wednesday.
- Update: Causes Holds Largest Online Rally Ever To Get You To The Polls. C.f. Hacker Sends Voter Suppression E-mail to Students
- Update: Free Chicken Rumors Fuel Election Day Web Searches.
- Update: Battle of the Voting Place Tools.
- Update: Where To Follow The Election On The Web.
- Update: Texted by a Campaign? Let Us Know.
- Update: Voters Share the Moment Online.
- Update: Live Blogging: Covering the (TV) Coverage. C.f. Forget The Magic Wall. CNN Now Has Holograms.
- Update: Election Day’s Nine Worst Press Releases.
- Who Needs a Sticker? Facebook Users Change Status to ‘Voted’.
Election Night Tools
- Google Elections — great tools for visualizing past and current elections data. C.f. Google Maps the Election Returns.
- How to Watch the Election Returns, plus Where to Get Official Election Returns.
- Watching the Twitter Election Scroll. C.f. How Current TV Will Be Using Tweeted Vote Reports.
- Election 2008: An online resource guide, plus Election Day web tools.
- Obama’s Secret Weapons: Internet, Databases and Psychology. We’ll see the results of the turnout operation all night long, and this is what’s behind them.
- Will Texting Get Out the Vote?>
- Obama’s Long Tail is Producing Results on the Ground. Remember that internet-driven ground game?
- Politics and Social Networks: Voters Make the Connection. C.f. Obama Bandwagon Effect on Facebook.
- Obama Campaign Floods The Zone On YouTube Too. C.f. The Digital Video Impact and YouTube Records Voting History, One Voter At A Time.
- Obama Shows Bigger Lead in Polls That Include Cell Phones.
- Obama REALLY Preaches to the Converted. Early voting changes the GOTV calculation.
- Internet Market Predictions.
- Web Puts Dog-Whistle Politics on a Leash. In a YouTube world, you can’t say one to one group and the opposite to another (dammit).
- Solid Ratings for Obama-mercial. C.f. Biden Marvels at Campaign’s Stagecraft.
- What Next for Obama’s Text-Messaging Database?>
- Freaky web ad of the day: Seven-year-olds sing against same-sex marriage. C.f. Nader’s weird new web ad.
- Using the Blame Game to Get Out the Vote. MoveOn’s clever voter motivation tool.
- God, Country and McCain. Dems not the only activists on Facebook.
- Share Your View of the Election.
- E-mails to Jews link Obama, Third Reich.
- 20 Greatest Campaign Ads of All Time. Via PoliticalWire.
NON-Election Stories (we could all use a break by now)
- Watch, Listen & Learn Right Now — Pick Up With Your Base Post-Election. Psych!
- Prioritizing Your Web Marketing Budget — What Slice of the Pie Should Social Media Get?>
- What Happens to the Obama Network After the Election? Plus, the exciting sequel.
- Presidential Transition 2.0: How to Use New Social Media.
- Social Media Strategy – Getting Buy In From The Top. C.f. Your Nonprofit Should Not Adopt Social Media If…..
- Microsoft to move Office apps to “the cloud”. I’m reluctant to follow for similar reasons.
- Twitter helps busts Robin Hayes.
- Community Crime-Fighting Goes Cellular in the District.
- Media Company’s Online Video Attempts.
- It’s the (Stupid) Economy — The Impact on Nonprofits.
Special Bonus Content: Random Stuff from the WashPo SocialMedian Widget
Content from their social news election stream.