September 29th, 2008
Crazy day, eh? No worries — still plenty of careers available in the fast-growing fields of post-apocalyptic looting and rampaging.
- Update: DNC running ads on Drudge Report and Beliefnet focusing on McCain gambling ties, via Mike Allen.
- Bailout Bill’s Failure Crashes U.S. House Web Sites, plus House Bailout Vote Creates Stir, Impacts Web Site and Dead Websites Perhaps Not Best Way to Calm Jittery Populace. On a brighter note, Bailout Agreement Hits the Net — Is This Transparency?
- House Members in Tight November Elections Scuttle Bailout.
- Viral Video on the Financial Bailout: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?, and Grassroots and the Bailout — What’s Driving Citizen Outrage.
- Post-debate spin wars. The McCain campaign e-mailed four “volumes” of reviews about his performance, and Talking points in an Obama conference call. C.f. Google Launches Google Moderator For Presidential Debates and Debate the Prez Debates Online.
- The Great Schlep: targeting the Jewish mom vote in Florida, via The Caucus. Targeting a different niche, I’ve got a hunger… for Obama.
- Palin’s Stand on Mining Initiative Leaves Many Feeling Burned. Note role of Alaska government website, in the last paragraph.
- The Web Won’t Set Us Free.
- Union outreach in battleground states. Email has a tiny place — way behind calls, face-to-face and direct mail.
- High Online Video Ads Rates May Drop.
- Amherst’s class of 2012: 99 percent are on Facebook, while people old like me encounter Facebook “disasters.”
- Palin Beauty Contest Video Won’t Go Away.
- Simple Ways for Think Tanks to Have an Impact Online: Rapid Response Blogging.
- U.S. urged to go on offense in cyberwar.
- State of The Blogosphere: The More You Post, The Higher You Rank. Via EchoDitto.
- Are you REALLY a “hip homemaker?” Welcome to targeted advertising.
- Nader Meets Obama Girl; magic ensues.
- The benefits of blogging for organizations, via TechRepublican.
- Online Fundraising on and off Social Networks: Relationships and Engagement Are Key.
- Google Gets That Much Closer to Indexing F-ing Everything.
- Sounds like ancient history now: Drill, Baby, Drill Remix Contest Winners.