Quick Hits returns! Back from summer vacation, tan, rested and ready to…
- Cyberactivists Are a Must-See for Candidates. Yearly Kos preview. Note: don’t expect to run into Bill O’Reilly there.
- Is It Worth It? An ROI Calculator for Social Network Campaigns. Step back: math is hard.
- Nigerian global warming spam. Scammers move faster than most politicians to take advantage of shift in public opinion.
- Researcher’s Analysis of al Qaeda Images Reveals Surprises
- Muslim political parties grow online but digital divide continues to widen. Will the mainstream find a voice on the web?
- Republicans Shun Debate, and Right Cries Out. Note to Adam Nagourney: here’s how you write a news article.
- “MicroMedia” provides bite-sized voice and video to micro audiences (via Micropersuasion). Attention spans grow ever-shor
- Facebook’s secret advertising rates, plus an updated version. Via AdRants.
- Limits on user-generated content. Turns out, a lot of folks like quality in their video.
- Are Terrorists Using Second Life To Plan Attacks? We may need to call “bullshit” on this one.
- Text Messaging on the Rise, and boy are my thumbs tired.
- Brownback Girl! “We are living in a sinful world/ And I am a Brownback girl.” Wonkette’s headline hits it right on.
- 8 Tips for a Stronger Call to Action.
- Cute global warming widgety thingie it lets you create a global warming dollhouse and embed it on your site.
- House Panel OKs ‘Shield’
For Bloggers. No word on when they’ll be adding a hyperspace button.
- Bloggers Write Legislation: A U.S. Senator has invited OpenLeft.com to collaborate on new broadband legislation. Shields up! Note quote from my long-ago client, the Media Access Project.
- CNN drops blog-watcher Jacki Schechner. Shields failing! Boo not that I watch CNN or anything, but she was cool (and a cutie).
- New Online Community for Atheist Conservatives. Church of the All-Mighty Tax Cut?